DIY FRAGRANT SOAPS

14K Views
As a final touch to our guest bath, I was not able to find the perfect soaps. I knew exactly what I wanted, however, the soaps that I wanted were nowhere to be found. So like any good DIYer, I decided to make my own.
Time: 3 HoursCost: $35Difficulty: Easy
  • diy fragrant soaps
I started with a gentle glycerine soap cut into small cubes. In addition to the soap, I needed silicone molds, coloring specifically made for making soaps, and a fragrance. The fragrance I chose to use was Nag Champa, a mixture of patchouli, sandalwood, and dragon blood, however, the fragrance is a personal preference.
  • diy fragrant soaps
I placed the cubes in a microwave-safe measuring cup and melted on high for two minutes.
  • diy fragrant soaps
After the cubes are melted, the color and fragrance are added to the liquid soap and stirred until the color and fragrance are well mixed.
  • diy fragrant soaps
The liquid soap should be evenly colored and easy to pour.
  • diy fragrant soaps
In addition to the silicone molds, I used my crafting muffin tin to make a second batch of soap.
  • diy fragrant soaps
After experimenting with some displays, for our beach themed bathroom, I decided on a clamshell soap dish with complimenting hand towel.
  • diy fragrant soaps
This is a photo of the soap from the silicone mold. 100% HAND MADE. We have guests coming in for the weekend. With other small gifts, I am including three soaps in a clear 5x7 bag and tied with a lovely bow. In addition to being beautiful, the gift basket will have a wonderful aroma.

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 13, 2018 10:57 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.