Error loading player:
No playable sources found
DIY Nearby
DIY Nearby
  • Hometalk Team
  • Houston, TX

Episode 8: The Decluttering Project Every Mom Dreams About

Once her kids' playroom became overstuffed with toys, Melanie knew she needed a full overhaul, but she was way too nervous to try and tackle the job on her own. She decided to team up with Hometalker Sharon, a pro organizer and master of decluttering, to get hands-on help to turn her playroom into an organized space.
Check out Episode 8 of DIY Nearby to see how Melanie, with the help of Hometalker Sharon, transforms her playroom into a perfectly organized space.

What's holding you back from organizing your home? Share your DIY challenges with us in the comments!

• Lisa C. Thompson

We have been trying to upgrade our home but trying to get it organized has just overwhelmed me. Help !!!!! I just don’t what else to do?

• Sugarbaker

I agree with Marissa...the Konmari method is great. This book is in most libraries. It's not too expensive, so check out Amazon.

One thing I add to an overwhelming job, is to set a kitchen timer to 30 mins or an hour at a time. If that's all I can tackle in one day, then I've met a goal. Being on the clock gives me a sense of urgency to make sure I'm not wasting time reading old letters, or stopping to read a book I had been missing...etc.

Good luck! You can do this!

• Cheri Graf

I want to downsize and maybe move out of my family home. Where do I start ? That’s the part that beats me at every starting.

HELP

• Happy Days Hometalker

Start with one room only, keep only what you love and need, the rest give to charity. If you cant part with something pack it up for 1 year, revisit in a year if you still want it it is there if not give to charity.

• Susan

How do I get her to come help me?!? That’s my only question. I’m so overwhelmed I don’t want to do anything!!!!

• Debbie

Ya but that room isn't going to stay that way long ... Believe me I know... Good luck

• Robin Carneiro

I love the approach. So many people want to organize as they declutter (I know I do). If you remove 70-80% of the stuff to start with then you don't have as much to organize, lol.