AvantiMorocha
AvantiMorocha
  • San Antonio, TX

Ikea Hack - Rope Mirror

$25

This is an easy DIY that was inspired by a Restoration Hardware rope mirror and completes my vision for my house entryway. While it looks great and was easy to make.
ikea hack rope mirror
Watch the video above to learn how I made this Restoration Hardware inspired Rope Mirror. You could always just follow this step-by-step guide.
ikea hack rope mirror
I got this "Langesund" mirror on sale at Ikea for $10.
It's also available in white for $29.99.
ikea hack rope mirror
Paint the mirror any color you like.
ikea hack rope mirror
If you prefer a wooden look finish use Chalk Paint in Old White, Graphite and Coco.
ikea hack rope mirror
Mark 3 points in the frame. First, drill a pilot hole using a small bit. Then switch the bit to match the thickness of the eye bolt.

In case you don't have a drill or don't want to make holes in the frame. You could glue the eye bolt or a D ring next to the mirror or put them straight into the wall.
ikea hack rope mirror
Place the eye bolt and secure it with a nut. My husband cut the excess length.
ikea hack rope mirror
Pass the rope through the eye bolt and tie it.
ikea hack rope mirror
Place the knob straight into the wall. The rope and knob are just decorative elements. The mirror is going to be held by a screw that goes in the back of the mirror.
ikea hack rope mirror
To prevent the rope from looking saggy, I used two tiny nails.
ikea hack rope mirror
PIN IT :)
I hope you like this DIY. Don’t forget to visit my blog, subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/LatinMorocha and follow me on my social media, see you soon Chau Chau!

To see more: https://avantimorocha.com/