Asked on Jun 29, 2018

Sorting/Using Glues

Jen27524803Ann Cherkas Halstead
+5

Can you PLEASE help me sort various materials into the THREE best glues to use? I am OVER-RUN with glues in my craft room! Thanks for your time

Janet Pizaro

really depends on your projects
  • Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom
    Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

I usually only keep E6000, hot glue and a super glue. But it'll totally depend on your type of crafting. If I sewed, I'd probably keep more of a fabric glue.
  • Jen
    Jen

Thanks! The E6000 & Super Glue don't work well on plastics, and for fabrics it varies widely depending on what you're gluing onto the fabric.
  • Mogie
    Mogie

It sort of depends on what materials you are gluing. Obviously, wood glue for wood, etc. But the best multi purpose glues are: Gorilla Glue 50004 Adhesive because of it's strength, it's paintable and waterproof. Elmer's Glue-All Multi-Purpose Glue is on this list because it’s non-toxic, which makes it very safe to use. It also dries quickly, which ensures a stronger final bond and it’s washable, which is great should an accidental spill ever happen. Sticky Ass Glue SAG4OZ Waterproof Stubbornly Strong Glue, 4-Ounce because of the large amount of different materials it can bonds. It’s also waterproof and can be used between temperatures of -20 degrees F to 250 degrees F, which makes it excellent for outdoor use.
  • Rob32328534
    Rob32328534

Hi Jen to cover most crafting projects, I would keep on hand glue sticks for hot glue, wood glue, and loctite PL or gorilla glue. That should keep you covered for most projects.
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead
    Ann Cherkas Halstead

I love “Glass Bond” it stick everything.
  • 27524803
    27524803

This may help
  • Jen
    Jen

I've never heard of that...ergo, never tried it. Thanks! On my way to the store now!