What to Do With Leftover Pallets…

$20

We have a very large backyard and we love it. Last summer we put pavers down in the back section to make a sports area for the kids, and a sitting, fire pit area for the adults. However, a piece (a triangle really) of the neighbors yard sticks into the back corner of this section. This area of their yard is basically overgrown weeds. To section it off my husband and I used the bunch of pallets, leftover from our renovation, as a makeshift fence. It looked kind of cool and rustic, but he had an even better idea. He wanted to paint it to look like a flag. A pallet flag fence? I must admit, I was like,”huh, what”? I didn’t really see his vision, but he did, so I told him to go for it.

what to do with leftover pallets

The Tutorial…

Here is how we did it. It is pretty self explanatory, but I’ll elaborate anyway.

1. Buy some red, white, and blue paint.
  2. Lay all the pallets on the grass and start painting.
  3. Alternate red or white paint, and then paint 3 slats blue. We used 9 pallets and painted the first 4 with 3 slats of blue.
  4. Add stars, using a stencil and white paint.
what to do with leftover pallets
what to do with leftover pallets
what to do with leftover pallets
what to do with leftover pallets

To make them stand up my husband used t-posts, like these. He hammered them into the ground, and then put the pallets so the posts were in the middle. Like this below. 

what to do with leftover pallets

what to do with leftover pallets
Jodi House - the House house

• what did you use to hold them up? rebar?? posts??

• Oops, sorry. I forgot to include how we made them stand up! I just updated the post. We used t-bars. We pushed them into the ground and then put the pallet on top of it so the t-bar was in the middle. They have worked great so far.

• Chi28635754

It doesnt explain how to keep them standing up & how they are attached..

where can I get free ones?

• Shu33744116

Floor Covering Stores, anyone who sells ceramic tile or feed stores.