Pink Cameo Vanity

I picked up this vanity a couple months ago. I loved all of it's detail and lines! What I didn't like was it's veneer. Since I redo furniture for a living, I am ALWAYS thinking of new ways to make an ordinary piece of furniture unforgettable and amazing! One night while I was on the phone discussing an idea with my dad he had came up with THIS brilliant idea. We were both so excited! I searched for THE piece of furniture that would work perfectly with our idea... it took awhile, but, the wait was worth it! This vanity went from ordinary to a true one of a kind beauty!
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
I love all of it's pretty, feminine detail.. and that is what made this piece PERFECT for our idea.
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
I first painted it- using The Hayloft's Milk Paint. To create this beautiful pink color I mixed Barn Red with Kitchen Sink. This shade of pink isn't too 'young' - it's a lady's pink ;) After it was painted, I sanded down the top, removing the old finish. This is when the fun started... You can purchase my milk paint here ---> https://www.etsy.com/listing/186986803/the-haylofts-milk-paint-milk-paint?
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
THIS.. right here, is the first step to our vision. I used a pencil and lightly drew my design straight onto the wood top. (this was all done free hand) Once I had it drawn just the way I wanted.. I stained the design. After this, I stained the rest of the top using a lighter shade of stain. The stained cameo is made to look like...
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
The drawer pulls! Yes, I said DRAWER PULLS! I ordered 4 of the same cameo from online and epoxied each one to old drawer knobs that came off of an old dresser that was beyond saving. I LOVE these!!
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
The old dresser knobs were even the same antiqued brass color.. so, they look like they had always been this way.
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
I kept the original drawer pulls on the two bottom drawers. I think these are so pretty!
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
This is a great example of the chipping you can get with The Hayloft's Milk Paint. It looks like authentic wear and tear!
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
I've left the original fabric on the stool.
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
Such pretty details!
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
She is subtle, yet stunning. And isn't that how most real ladies are anyways? ;)
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
I love how the wood grain looks like waves in her hair :)
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
I think she turned out great!!
pink cameo vanity, painted furniture
*sigh* I love everything about this vanity, and I'm pretty proud of how she turned out! (the mirror has only been blurred for picture purposes- it is not like this in reality)

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/TheHayloftCCC

• Jan Derr Nevins

Beautiful. I am planning to redo an old dressing table I have that is very similar to the one you have. And, I wanted to do it in pink anyhow, so I will follow much of your design. What do you think it would look like using satin or enamel paint instead of chalk paint?
    • Wildflowers & Pistols

Jan, I think that would still look great! I think you could use just about any paint to achieve this look! :)

• Amanda Eve

I love it! The cameo is absolutely stunning!

• Joanie

I love the style of this......this is for doing your hair and makeup. Sit down relax and do it all.....I love what you've done, even though I am a stain and grain wood lover. It looks just so pretty!!