Welcome To My Garden

8.6K Views

The challenge for this week was quite daunting for me. I knew what I wanted my garden sign to read. Unfortunately, my free-hand writing skills left a lot to be desired. I, however, did not want to use stencils.

Time: 4 HoursCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
  • welcome to my garden

First, I penciled in my words on an old sign board that was left over from another project. I used a piece of fine grit sandpaper to remove the earlier finish and make the board easier to work with. After I threw caution to the wind it was rather easy. Instead of striving for perfection I was just having fun.

• welcome to my garden

Secondly, I decided on medium tipped oil pens for lettering. I chose the color green because it compliments the colors of nature.

• welcome to my garden

After filling in the letters, there was still something missing. A few embellishments were all that was necessary to make the lil darling stand out among the greenery.

• welcome to my garden

Almost finished, but one last thing. Because the sign will be posted outside, and our lovely Florida weather can be brutal, I used an exterior sealer to protect my sign. Just to be safe, I used multiple coats to protect the sign from the elements.

• welcome to my garden

My little sign now stands sentry over the zinnias and coleus. Friends and neighbors, if you are ever in these parts, you are "WELCOME TO MY GARDEN."

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of July 10, 2018 10:10 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Ask a Question