Faux Garden Window

$5

My daughter gave me this "window" mirror to sell at a garage sale. Sadly I came home with it and knew I had to give it a new life. So here we go.
Not very exciting. Oops! that's me in the mirror. The first order of business was to change the color (or lack thereof). So I turned the window face down and carefully removed the mirror to ready my project for paint.
bending up the clips, to remove the mirror.
Flat white with primer, was my choice of "color". When working with mirror, you have to be sure to paint even the backside and edges, as they will be reflected in the mirror when you put this back together.
It took two coats to cover. Be sure to allow each coat to dry before applying the next.
Next, I grabbed my black Sharpie/oil and using some inspiration from Pinterest I created a black line image of what I like to call dandelion puffs.
The final step: place the mirror back in the frame and hang it on my back gate.
I LOVE my little condo garden and look forward to seeing it reflected in this newest addition.

Happy crafting everyone!

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Perfectly Round Tables
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas

• Deanne Saab

Why do you need a mirror if you paint it all over? Can't a plain glass window pane be painted to do the same thing? Maybe I am missing something here?

• Ladywell

Great job. I like the mirror you can see the reflection of the plant

• Lee

This might not be such a good idea for the birds who may fly right in to it.

• Lee

Hmm. A mirror will reflect the plants, trees, etc. and look just like a window. The decals or painted objects may prevent it or at least will help. My standing computer desk faces a wall with a large mirror on it. I love it cause it reflects the huge valley I have a view of (windows on opposite side) - my back is to the windows. Its like I am looking out a window.

• FrancieRunsLike A Duck

This is such a beautiful mirror, I love the dandelions you etched in. My only concern is that we have lots of sun in the yard. If it gets intense sun, isn't it possible the mirror could act as a laser and focus on an object and cause a fire?