Painted Chairs ( Fabric and All )

I completely forgot to take a before photo - so you have to take my word that these chairs were in pretty rough shape !
I picked them up very cheaply a year or so ago - and pondered what to do with them that whole time lol.
When we bought this house in November I realized I had no room for them at all - on the weekend I decided they would be great for outside ( they'll be placed in a protected part of the garden )
I first spray painted them in blue - and then painted the fabric part with Annie Sloan chalk paint - pure white. They still need another coat of white at this point but you can see the difference it makes.
Please note if you're going to try this - you have to dampen the fabric prior to painting.
ALSO - very important - you CANNOT wax anything you intend to be keeping outdoors because the sun will cause the wax to melt !!!
These were actually cheaper then what they charge for some plastic ones - and way more comfortable :)
The fabric was dampened using a microfibre cloth ( they work fantastic ) one it was " wet " I simply brushed the paint on

Simply Vintageous...by Suzan

• Jewellmartin

How many coats of paint did you use on the fabric? One of the later photos show the original fabric, but I bet some creases or gaps don't show up until after the first coat. Best wishes!