Farmhouse Dininig Chair Makeover

$100

Our clients purchased these chairs when they got married … 40 yrs later they needed repairs and an update!

farmhouse dininig chair makeover

Before...

farmhouse dininig chair makeover

After 40 years the chairs needed to be repaired.

HOT TIP: after 40 yrs the glue can dry out and the chairs start to loose their strength and start to wiggle its best to repair them right way before they break.

We took each chair apart and glued them back together. We let the glue dry overnight before we started the prep work.

farmhouse dininig chair makeover

The next day we filled our bucket with warm water and one cap full of Saman TSP Eco... it has nano smart bubbles that will clean/prep the surface before painting/refinishing.

HOT TIP: This product is rinse free - Unlike regular TSP you find at your hardware store!

farmhouse dininig chair makeover

I scrub the surface using a 300 Grit Sanding Pad this will remove the seen and any contaminates.

HOT TIP: Don't be afraid to use your muscles... the harder you scrub the the better!

farmhouse dininig chair makeover

Our customers choose Superior Paint Co. Cast Black - Which is a rich charcoal black that reminds me of a cast iron pot.

farmhouse dininig chair makeover

When applying the Superior Paints and Saman Varnishes we love HVLP Spraying it gets the job done super fast with a high finish.

HOT TIP: When spraying Superior Paints we recommend diluting 15% distilled water and 10% distilled water when mixing with Saman Varnish.

farmhouse dininig chair makeover

Here's two coats of Superior Paint Co. Cast Black Chalk Paint.

farmhouse dininig chair makeover

We applied 3 coats of Saman Satin Varnish using our HVLP Earlex Sprayport.

farmhouse dininig chair makeover

We're so happy our clients love their ~chairs and we hope they enjoy them for another 40+ years

Terra

• Lori

Love the makeover! We have the same 40 year old chairs and I would like to cover them but find it difficult because of the shape. Any suggestions? My husband is not a fan of painted over furniture...

• Marie Dykeman

I used spray paint .About 2 cans per chair. Then 2 coats poly to protect it. The table i primed and i used hight quality furniture paint w roller. 3 coats poly. Takes about 2 weeks to allow proper drying.

• Slj33466189

What about the table? I have a farmhouse set and want to update the look with a modern color. What's most durable paintwise and other color suggestions? Black won't work for me.