How to Make an Upcycled Window Planter

$15

My husband and I recently replaced the old wood windows in our house, leaving me lots of great upcycled projects to do. And, since it's summer and I love plants, I figured what better first project than an upcycled window planter?! For step-by-step instructions, head on over to my blog, Bullock's Buzz!

how to make an upcycled window flower planter

This fun flower planter not only looks great, it’s also incredibly simple to make.

And since the flowers are in removable pots, they can be easily switched out for different flowers or even herbs as the seasons change.

To get started, you only need a few simple supplies, including flower pots, flowers, small plumbing hose clamps, wood screws, a screwdriver, measuring tape, and a pencil.

The hardest part of this entire project turned out to be attaching the hose clamps to the window. This is because the slots in the hose clamp were too small/skinny for the screws to easily fit through. If you're using a drill, it may not be an issue. I, however, was using a screwdriver, and that screw was not going through. Luckily, a little quick work with a hammer and nail to widen the slot, and I was back on track. 

After the clamps were attached, all that was left to do was place the newly potted plants into the rings. And it's finished! Right now I have the upcycled window planter sitting in the garden, but I think it would look cute hanging as well! 

This DIY upcycled window planter is a fun and easy way to add some chic color and style to your front porch, patio or garden! For more fun crafts and tasty recipes, come visit me at my blog, Bullock's Buzz! Happy crafting!

AlainaBullock of Bullock's Buzz

• Rose Alba Rios-Tomasso

You can also make the window frame with 6 Dollar tree frames, remove the insides, glue them together and paint them white for an even cheaper faux window.

• Carole White

This is adorable...I have 1 old window buried in my shed...gonna give this a try! Thanks for sharing!