HoopHasIt
HoopHasIt
  • Dallas, TX

Painted "Patina" Front Door With Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

$25

Not all front doors face the street. Distressed and painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I really like the look of patina and used a brass sculpture for color inspiration. This is the outside version. I will also post the inside version.
patina front door with annie sloane chalk paint on outside, chalk paint, doors, painting
The door had been painted a rust color over a brown stain. I partially stripped the rust paint then painted over the whole thing with different layers of Annie Sloane Old White and Florence. I distressed the door with hammer and chain. Then removing as needed. I also painted on the old brass knob, lock and hinges.
My front door doesn't face the street so this is more the first look coming up the steps.
I didn't like the typical brass knocker I had and decided to Repurpose and put something else together.

• Teri Broberg

Your crown of thorns is a nice addition.

• HoopHasIt

Thanks @Nikki and @Teri Broberg I really enjoy how different it is. My neighbors never know what I will do next!