What can I do for my wood deck?

+1
I’ve painted my wood deck with the product Restire a few years ago.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jul 02, 2018
    Hi Bge.
    Are you having problem with your applied deck finish? It seems to be a common occurrence with the thicker paint on finishes. I can tell you what happen with my situation with a BEHR premium solid paint product.

We have a gianemorous deck that was built in 2015. We made the choice of using a solid stain which is much like a paint. The can rated it to last 7 years. Figuring with this rating this would be the best alternative for our deck that has a heavy sun exposure -offering lots of protection.

This finish has been failing every year also requiring REapplication-after experiencing adhesion troubles and mildew over the past two years.

Our problems were with the BEHR product. But this year -we called the customer support line with our frustration and we were provided with individualized detailed cleaning surface prep advice with application instruction support and complete product replacement of deck cleaner and stain.

I will say that we have a elevated front deck- a rear deck- boat dock and a shed and the more transparent sealers seem to look and last the best versus the longer rated thicker solid type paint type sealers with our particular region and sun exposure.

Sadly once the solid stain is in place —- it’s a lot of work to get it 100% off- to go to an alternate sealer type. My husband is severely regrets putting a solid stain on the new 2015 deck. In hindsight we shoukd have done composite or semitransparent like we have on the boat dock. We have SIKKENS on the shed and thats the longest lasting and most expensive sealer and has lasted 7 years...so far!

It might be worthwhile to give your sealers company a call and see if they can offer any assistance or compensation.
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jul 02, 2018
    Hey...I am not familiar with that product but how did it work for you and are you trying to find it again?
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jul 02, 2018
    Hi Bge,
    Are you having problems with Deck Restore from Rustoleum? It looks like your question got cut off or wasn't finished. :( Unfortunately there is a class-action lawsuit against Rustoleum about this product. Rustoleum lost the lawsuit but is still selling the product. You can read about the lawsuit here . Wishing you the best.