Mirror Decor Ideas- Mirror Planter DIY

$20

I love mirrored decor but they are so expensive. I made this mirrored planter using mirrors from Dollar Tree mirrored frames and foam board. It is so simple to make and definitely makes an impact! It looks so beautiful with greenery or as I styled it with Silk Orchids from Walmart. I have a youtube video showing you step by step how I made it! For this You will need

10 of the mirrored frames

Start with these frames from the Dollar Tree. They are made with four pieces of 1 inch wide mirrors: 2 tall ones and 2 shorter ones.

Carefully snap the mirrors off the frames by wiggling them off the cardboard to break off the glue.

Trace off the 4 pieces from your foam board to build a box. 2 long pieces measuring 11 and 7/8 inches by 2 and 7/8 inches then 2 shorter pieces measuring 8 inches by 2 and 7/8 inches. This is to allow the corners to match up.

Arrange your mirrors in a pattern you like. I chose a high low patter with 2 lows at the center for uniformity.

Repeat this step for ONE of the short foam board sides BUT DO NOT GLUE it down yet. You are just arranging the mirrors to know where they will be glued. I used clear tape to hold them down.

Line up the 2 pieces of foam board to make sure your corners will align nicely. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. It will help you know where to glue the foam board to make your box.

Glue down your foam board to make your box I used hot glue.

Now glue on the mirrors. I found that adding the glue to the foam board and then attaching the mirror was easier. This will give you a floating effect where the foam board is not showing at the bottom.

Trace the inside of the box with a pencil to build your base. Make sure you are outlining the foam and not the mirrors.

Once the base is glued on. Glue on a some floral foam and stick in the flower(s) you are going to use and secure those with hot glue. Fill the sides with plastic bags to make the whole thing really light.

Cover your plastic with sheet moss! This one is from walmart!

Add extra greenery. I used this half topiary from banggood.

And You Are Done!!!!!!

15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Perfectly Round Tables

• Barrie Cubbon

Where can I buy a table like the one you've used?

• VelindaDawn

Looks like a flea market find to me.

• Jacqueline

I bought a TV table at Walmart, sanded it, stained it a darker shade to do my project. Spent ten dollars for the table and old stain I had laying around on a shelf in the garage.

• Annie

I love this and I have been going to dollar tree to find these fram mirrors but do not seem to recognize them. Are they called frame mirror?