Slingback Chairs Getting a Makeover!

picked 6 of these up at yard sale $3 each. Perfect condition! But I didn't like the orange...... time for a makeover
slingback chairs getting a makeover, diy, how to, painting
Before pic - Great sling chair. but it looks like halloween! haha
Picked up some Valspar spray paint (unfortunately Rustoleum didn't have the color I was looking for at the time). since the chairs are vinyl/plastic slings (and hard to get out) I taped off the metal and spray painted them! I love them now! however, with the dark blue I'm thinking about changing the black to a cream color :) These 2 will be on front porch. the other 4 are around fire pit and I may choose a lighter color for them. I will comment in a few weeks to let you know how they are holding up!!

• Peggy B

I really like the orange color but the new color is pretty...add a drape of some color and paint or leave it black...adding other colors to coordinate with the new color would be nice...good luck

• Nanci Nottingham

Thanks Peggy! The orange isn't bad. But hey, there's no color choice at a yard sale! Haha and since the house is tan and doors will be blue, I didn't want orange. I'm going to try and paint an off white since there will be some rustic nautical items on porch :)

• Belinda McGimsey

Nancy, how has the paint held up? I painted some vinyl strapped chairs a month ago and we have had so much rain that I think the color may be molding. It is turning different colors in little circles here and there. I used rusteoleum spray paint.

• Nanci Nottingham

i don't know why i didn't get a notification on this, but thru these past few years, color has held up great!