How do I get rid of Japanese Beetles?

RoniKyraleeLisa S.
+4

They are eating my raspberries, grapes, roses and even the petunias

• Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

Hi Carol,
    The most effective way is to hand pick them off and drop them in a bucket of soapy water. It is possible to spray them with a bug spray, if you're okay with the chemicals. Wishing you the best.
  • Mary
    Mary

I use Seven dust, can be bought at Most DIY stores
  • Jwi31416314
    Jwi31416314

Put Milkey spoor on your lawn to get rid of the grubs which grow into the beetle. The milkey spoor is a bit expensive but it lasts for years and years in your yard and will drastically cut down on the beetles.

• Lisa S.
    Lisa S.

I use the commercial traps that use a sex lure to trap them. They work well.
  • Kyralee
    Kyralee

Sevin dust is highly toxic to good insects, including bees. I wouldn't suggest it. You might research neem oil or contact your local county extension office for other recommendations.

• Roni
    Roni

spray your garden with a solution of 1 gallon water and 2 tablespoons of “Dawn” dishwashing liquid. Add some Sand to the top of your
  • Roni
    Roni

plants & garden