DIY Trike With Popsicle Sticks and Cardboard-Beautiful Home-decor Idea

$5

If you have got some colourful popsicle sticks left in stock, make this beautiful DIY trike and decorate it with some flowers and pearls. This is a beautiful home-decor idea especially for summer or spring! Pick the colours to match the season and make your interior space prettier with this DIY Popsicle stick decor!

diy trike with popsicle sticks and cardboard beautiful home decor idea

First, we will make the wheels of the trike. Draw a circle on a cardboard and cut it out. Make three of them of the same size.

I had some floral tissue paper in stock. I glued it on both the sides of all the cardboard wheels. You can even paint them or draw some patterns if you prefer.

I preferred to paint it white on the outer edge. You can use a round lid which is a bit smaller than the wheel to get that perfect round shape while you paint. Let it dry. If you are impatient like me, you can make the drying process faster with the help of a hair drier!

You can also paint a small circle at the centre with the help of a tape.

I painted all the three wheels the same way.

Get an old plastic/paper container and wrap a paper/ tissue paper of your favourite colour around it. Fix it with craft glue/hot glue.

I used a pink tissue paper as I wanted a bright look for it.

Then i wrapped a net fabric around it. I used hot glue to keep it in place.

You can also attach a lace or ribbon if you like. Or add some rhinestones to make it even prettier.

Now, I hot glued two of the cardboard wheels on both the sides of the decorated container. Make sure both the wheels are at the same level and the alignment is proper while doing it.

Next, get the third wheel and stick two popsicle sticks on both the sides of it as shown. It should be glued such that one end of the stick starts from the centre of the inner circle.

Get a 3rd popsicle stick and glue it as shown. Again, get a 4th popsicle stick and glue it the same way on the other side too.

Now, stick both the pieces together using hot glue. Press it really hard so that the popsicle sticks will stick well on the container.

Optionally, you can drill two small slits on the container, insert the popsicle sticks into them and fix it with hot glue.

Next, fix a small popsicle stick at the top using hot glue to make the trike handle.

Now, add some flowers and other decorative items as you wish in the container. You can also hot glue a few flowers at the front of the trike if you like.

And...Here is my finished project! I love how this turned out

If you liked this DIY craft idea, you may also want to check out some of the other home decor ideas on my blog!

How to make a Bottle Decor vase with Rice!

How to make a floating tea cup

Here is a step by step video of making this beautiful DIY popsicle stick trike!

Ria Cheripuram

• Sandra

Thank you Ria! I'm very inspired with this tutorial. I'm definately going to make several! My Mother will absolutely love one of these!

• Ria Cheripuram

Thank you Sandra for your lovely words! I would love to see the pics of your popsicle trikes! If possible, please share them with me :)