AvantiMorocha
AvantiMorocha
  • San Antonio, TX

DIY Decorative Plate Wall - Thrifting

$45

It took me a long while but I’ve finally made my own plate wall, which I love.This is a really affordable project and it looks amazing and I’m not sure anyone would be able to guess that something so lovely could cost less than $45. I purchased all of my plates at the thrift store (Goodwill and Salvation Army). Hanging the plates is the most expensive part of this project. I was going to buy dish hangers

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

Watch the video above to learn how I made this Decorative Plate Wall. You could always just follow this step-by-step guide.

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

I got these plates at the thrift store.

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

Use a sharpie to mark a letter on each plate.

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

Arrange the plates on the floor to figure out a layout that works for you.

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

Trace each plate onto a piece of paper and cut it out. Mark the cut out with the letter matching the plate.

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

Place the paper cut outs on the wall. Check to see if the layout goes with your space. Modify it as needed.

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

This is one of best and cheapest ways I've found to hang plates. You'll need a picture hanging set, d rings, ribbon and gorilla tape. You could also buy a product like Disc Adhesive Plate Hangers but they could be a little pricy, especially if you are planning to hang more than 6 plates.

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

Pass a piece of ribbon through the ring. Place it on the plate; use a piece of Gorilla tape to keep it in place.

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

This is how you are going to hang them on the wall.

diy decorative plate wall thrifting

PIN IT :)

I hope you like this DIY. Don’t forget to visit my blog avantimorocha.com and subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/LatinMorocha and follow me on my social media, see you soon Chau Chau!

To see more: https://avantimorocha.com/diy-plate-wall/

• Nancy

Love it! Over the years I have collected rose plates. I'm currently living in a mobile home and was struggling what i was going to do to hang the plates. Thank you sir solving my delima.

• Skye Whisp

Just a thought...could maybe also be a kid (or elderly) friendly project with decorated paper plates ... different sizes/shapes--can be cut with art scissors-zigzag/wavy; Painted or hand drawn pictures; Magazine pictures or wrapping paper ... sealed with Mod Podge.