DIY Decorative Plate Wall - Thrifting

$45

It took me a long while but I’ve finally made my own plate wall, which I love.This is a really affordable project and it looks amazing and I’m not sure anyone would be able to guess that something so lovely could cost less than $45. I purchased all of my plates at the thrift store (Goodwill and Salvation Army). Hanging the plates is the most expensive part of this project. I was going to buy dish hangers but after checking the reviews and prices I decided to go DIY.

Watch the video above to learn how I made this Decorative Plate Wall. You could always just follow this step-by-step guide.

I got these plates at the thrift store.

Use a sharpie to mark a letter on each plate.

Arrange the plates on the floor to figure out a layout that works for you.

Trace each plate onto a piece of paper and cut it out. Mark the cut out with the letter matching the plate.

Place the paper cut outs on the wall. Check to see if the layout goes with your space. Modify it as needed.

This is one of best and cheapest ways I've found to hang plates. You'll need a picture hanging set, d rings, ribbon and gorilla tape. You could also buy a product like Disc Adhesive Plate Hangers but they could be a little pricy, especially if you are planning to hang more than 6 plates.

Pass a piece of ribbon through the ring. Place it on the plate; use a piece of Gorilla tape to keep it in place.

This is how you are going to hang them on the wall.

PIN IT :)

I hope you like this DIY. Don’t forget to visit my blog avantimorocha.com and subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/LatinMorocha and follow me on my social media, see you soon Chau Chau!

To see more: https://avantimorocha.com/diy-plate-wall/

• Skye Whisp

Just a thought...could maybe also be a kid (or elderly) friendly project with decorated paper plates ... different sizes/shapes--can be cut with art scissors-zigzag/wavy; Painted or hand drawn pictures; Magazine pictures or wrapping paper ... sealed with Mod Podge.

• Georgie

Yes luv this idea