Need help with a new look.

+6
let me know thoughts or ideas on revamping the facade of this fireplace. Goal is to beef up the mantle size and create a more seamless continuous look overall from top to bottom. Thx!!
t need help with a new look
  • Lina Splichal Lina Splichal on Jul 07, 2018

You could build shelves or cabinets; place a large mirror or focus piece above the mantle; face the fireplace with a mosaic made of stones, paint or broken bits of tile; tile the wall above and the face of the fireplace; or paint bold colored stripes above the mantle, use the same paint on the fireplace trim and add a decoratively cut board to the edge of the existing mangle and paint that the same accent color.

• Bijous Bijous on Jul 07, 2018

Hi Michael, I agree the entire front of the fireplace needs to be the mantle. In the first picture I'd take those mouldings wall to wall and replace the existing tile with a natural stone such as slate. In the 2nd, I'd use mouldings throughout the room and use 18 inch marble tiles on the fireplace wall to wall. Good luck.

• Sally Sally on Jul 08, 2018

I added crown molding to mine.

• Michael.davis Michael.davis on Jul 09, 2018

Thanks for your message Sally.

• Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Jul 14, 2018

Curious - is this a ventless fireplace? If so, you could relocate it to a flat wall for better room flow. This would permit you to use any finishes, mantle, etc. that you like.

• Michael.davis Michael.davis on Jul 14, 2018
    Thanks for the thoughts but this angled location is the only option as there are no other walls with it being such an open plan. If you have any other thoughts please feel free to share