Steps to painting ceilings?

What is the best paint to use. Have stains that need to be covered. Please walk me through the steps. Thanks

• Sharon Sharon on Jul 07, 2018
    I usually wash the ceilings first with Dollar Tree Awesome Orange that will get just about anything off, I use a car sponge and wear rubber kitchen gloves.
    Take the ceiling fixture cover off, or use painters tape around it. Either cut in around the edges with a brush or tape off the wall line so no drips. Prime it with something like Zinseer 123 to cover the stains if they didn't come off.
    I like a semi-gloss enamel, I use Kitchen & Bath paint. Its easy to clean.
  • Cindy Cindy on Jul 07, 2018
    Hi Susanne. I'm Cindy. If possible, empty the room first. Be sure to cover the floor with drop cloths, old sheets, or whatever you have on hand. The best paint to use for covering stains is Kilz. You can find it at your local home improvement stores like Home Depot, Menard's, or Lowe's. Follow the instructions on the can. Allow it to dry completely. Put painter's tape on the wall right where it meets the ceiling. Doing this will protect the wall from any accidents. Paint the perimeter of the ceiling with a brush. (This is called "cutting in") Then paint the rest of the ceiling with a roller. It may be necessary to paint it twice. I hope this helps you. Good luck.
  • Oliva Oliva on Jul 07, 2018
    If these stains are in a bath, use mold and mildew preventive primer. You need to know if ceilings are plaster or drywall. Using semi gloss or gloss kitchen and bath paint makes it easier to keep clean, and is formulated for higher humidity areas.