Elephant Photo Holder

109 Views

I came across this adorable elephant figurine (which I later found out is made from bamboo wood!) Watch how I transformed it to become a photo-fabulous photo holder!

Time: 1 HoursCost: $4Difficulty: Easy
  • elephant photo holder
  • elephant photo holder

I cut up a few lovely textiles that i would use with Mod Podge to cover the elephant.

• elephant photo holder

• elephant photo holder

I then poured some of the Mod Podge into the cap so I can dip the papers into it easily!

• elephant photo holder

I dipped each side of the papers into the glue (sticky but works like magic!)

• elephant photo holder

And then I molded the papers to the body of the elephant. The Mod Podge helps to adhere the paper and mold it to the shape you'd like.

• elephant photo holder

Once I had the entire elephant covered, I let it dry.

• elephant photo holder

• elephant photo holder

The next step was simple! I spray painted a small wooden skewer and wooden clothespin with gold spray paint.

• elephant photo holder

I then hot glued the clothespin to the end of the skewer. Then I knocked a little hole into the top of the elephant using a hammer and a small nail. The skewer fit inside the hole perfectly! And I glued it inside for extra support.

• elephant photo holder

And there you have it, a functional and super cute photo holder! Hope you like it as much as I do, off to make more!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 13, 2018 11:34 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.