What to do with this?

+7
I have a galvanized metal shelf in my master bathroom, it has 6 hooks
e i have a galvanized metal shelf in my master bathroom it has 6 hooks
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Jul 10, 2018

What is it that you want to do with it?

• JanetL JanetL on Jul 11, 2018

You could send it to me!! I would use it in a mudroom, hallway, entryway, etc., to hang up jackets, hoodies, hats, scarves, whatever.

• Louise Louise on Jul 11, 2018

use is in your laundry room

• Trish Trish on Jul 11, 2018

I have the exact shelf in my guest bathroom upstairs. I put beach towels on the top for when the kids come to visit. On the hooks, I placed folded bath and hand towels for after the beach. Also the top rack has room for the basket of Sunscreen and Sunglasses.

• Seth Seth on Jul 11, 2018

Do you have a garden shed or potting bench? You could hang tools from it. It could work in a basement or garage workshop as well.

• Marcia Thompson Billings Marcia Thompson Billings on Jul 11, 2018

Omg what happened to the rest of my question???? My question was what are the opinions of the shiny “pails” on the hooks with the dull galvanized metal? Or should I do something to make the pails dull? If I need to make the pails dull, other than just painting them what can I do to make the look dull and antique? I love the shelf with the pails. I will be using a mint colored paint pen and writing each of them 1-hair ties 1-cotton balls & q-tips 1-bobby pins. Thanks for any advise

• Deborah Deborah on Jul 12, 2018

There's lots of videos on the web about how to age galvanized metals to dull the finish and also to darken. The shelf looks like oil rubbed bronze finish? You could also use one of Rustoleum's specialty finishes. I'm thinking hammered copper, with the mint pen like verdigris letters would be pretty cool.

• Patricia Patricia on Jul 14, 2018
    Put it I. Bathroom & add towels to top and use the little buckets you already have and add your makeup brushes, lip liners, etc. us

• Henri001 Henri001 on Aug 31, 2018

LOVE that little rack! If I had it, it would go in my kitchen...the hooks could hold a LOT of those serving spoons and scoops, the top rack could hold either pot lids or better yet all those spice bottles and oil & vinegar bottles....Just think of all the cupboard & drawer space you could clear up!! Where did you get it??? NOW I want one!!! lol