Itsmemic
Itsmemic
  • Middle Island, NY

Rideon mower dilemma- HELP!

AmandaKarenLisa S.
+2

Ok..laugh all you want. I have 2 acres and just bought a ride on mower. I have used it 3 times so far and each time I get extreme motion sickness !! I mean so bad I have to stop the mower and practically crawl into bed with vomiting and dizziness. As a kid I was NOT fun on long drives !! But now what?? I have to do my own property,,,,but knowing I am going to get so sick makes it a real drama. I am afraid to take dramamine as it makes me sleepy..not good on a machine ! HELP !!

• Coach77cfc

are you looking down at the grass as you cut it? if yes this could be why you are feeling so unwell try looking further away and only occasionally look down at where you are cutting hope this helps I was car sick as a kid it was due to reading in the car that's why I say could be looking down at what you are cutting
  • Laura Cooper

Itsmemic, everyone is different, but there are bands for motion sickness that go on your wrists. My daughter used them during pregnancy with some success. Here's the link. http://www.psibands.com/ They are inexpensive to try, at least. I bought hers at REI, but Target and CVS carry them, too.

• Lisa S.

Make sure you are cutting the grass in the early morning, or juts before the sun goes down. Make sure you are also well hydrated - water, lemon aid, nothing with caffeine.
  • Karen

Dramamine has a non drowsy version now.

• Amanda

That is no fun! Getting motion sickness is a awful feeling. The only thing that works for me is the Dramamine. Good Luck!