What to use to take wallpaper residue off walls so I can paint?

JoanDeborah Luchak NesterAnn|The  Apple Street Cottage
+1

I had old wall paper that just peeled odd, but left a residue on walls. What to do next? Sandpaper? cleaner? Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Bijous

Hi, a little elbow grease and 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. Once you're down to clean wall, make sure it dries completely before painting. I'd give it at least a day. Good luck!
  • Vinegar and water 50/50 in a spray bottle. Spray the residue and wait a few minutes and wipe with a rag.
  • Deborah Luchak Nester

I have used vinegar /water/shot of dawn original dishwashing liquid and elbow grease. Make sure it is very dry before you go any further with project

• Joan

To remove the glue left on the walls, you’ll need a bucket of warm water and an old broom. Wet the broom in the hot water and start washing the wall with the broom which will break up the remaining glue. Then wipe the walls down with a soft cloth dipped in warm water. The broom will be shot when you’re done so you’ll have to pitch it. Good luck and let me know how it turns out!