Mary Chaney
Mary Chaney
  • Mechanicsville, MD

Homemade weed killer recipe?

Garden Up Green - CaroleHolly Bertone | Pink FortitudeAnn|The  Apple Street Cottage
+1

• Linda Sikut

Hi Mary,
    There are two easy ways to make a homemade weed killer. One is to use plain white vinegar with a teaspoon or so of dishwashing liquid. Put them in a spray bottle and spray the weeds. It takes a while to work so don't expect immediate results. The other way is to pour boiling water on the weeds. That will kill them instantly. If the weeds are between cracks on a driveway or sidewalk, you can add about 1/4 cup of salt to the vinegar mixture, but don't use it in a garden because it kills the soil too and nothing will grow there for quite a while. I hope that helps you. Wishing you the best.
  • Here's what I use, Mary: Take a spray bottle and cover the bottom with salt and fill it up with vinegar. Add a few drops of dish soap and shake. Spray on the weeds.
  • Hi Mary - This is the most effective method we use. Good luck! Hugs, Holly
  • Garden Up Green - Carole

I always use vinegar