Terry
Terry
  • Syracuse, NY

Is there any way or miracle to bring these back to life?

GkLeonaWendy
+4

Every year I put out fresh bunting and we are on a fixed income so I can no longer do this. I love being patrotic but I feel so ashamed when they look like this that I put them away before seasons end. We do take them down daily and put them back up.Help
q is there any way or miracle to bring these back to life
  • Have you tried to wash them?

• Wendy

Hi Terry, 100%! You can refresh these easily. You can mix up a dye in a matching color and apply with a paintbrush. Good luck!

• Leona

Maybe you could try a quilt soap that restores old quilts. I know the fabrics are different, but it might help.
  • Gk

Perhaps you can do some after the holiday clearance shopping and pick up some new bunting or other decorative red, white and blue decor. If you are a sewer you might also consider making something new that you can use. If you are crafter there are numerous inexpensive things you can create. If you are not a Pinterest fan consider joining--it's free--and look up some ideas. There are also many ideas on Hometalk as well!