How to do a backsplash behind my stove and sink?

Sue LambersonChubby58Peggy Burnette

• Chubby58

Sue, It all depends on what type of back splash you want. You can stencil with paint, buy metal tile sheets and nail them up, you can use peel and stick tiles, ceramic (which requires a little more work), shiplap the whole back splash with wood. Just make sure whichever you decide, you like it. Removing peel and stick and ceramic tiles will tear a little of your sheetrock off if you decide to change it later. My taste change so much I try to go the least damaging route. I don't want to be repairing sheetrock. Went that route before, don't wanna go there again. Good luck to you! Try google: different types of back splash. That will at least give you some ideas.

• Sue Lamberson

thanks for the advice. I like the look of the mini tiles and really want something that is somewhat water proof for easy clean up. I will go to Lowe's or Home Depot to see if they have some samples.

I would paint but that isn't my talent. I wonder if I could glue granny squares on the wall, then put a thick resin over it for easy wipe off.

Now that gives me an idea because granny square afghans are my specialty. I appreciate being able to bounce these ideas to you!