What do you use to keep paint from getting on ceiling when painting?

Marlene HaighLisa ReinstetleFiddledd224
+3

• Ella Frierson Bond

I use a steady hand. If you need to correct wipe with damp rag or if it has dried touch up with ceiling paint color.

• Jeanette S

When I paint up to the ceiling, I always leave about 1/4" unpainted. Then I get a 1" artist brush (the kind with stiff, white bristles) and touch it up close to the molding while standing on a step ladder with a wide step. (Every household should have one of these wide step, step ladders.)

The secret is not to overload your brush with paint...no one can tell much from the ground level.

• Rowgop (Pam)

Painters tape

• Fiddledd224

I use a small (1" or so), squared bristle, stiff haired artist paintbrush and press the brush vertically up to the seam between the ceiling and the wall and pull the brush in downward strokes away from the ceiling. If you start at that point and pull the brush downward you won't get any paint on the ceiling. Wipe the brush frequently to avoid any splatters.

• Lisa Reinstetle

Have someone, with a steady hand and 2” angled brush, trim out along the ceiling and down a few inches. This allows the person rolling to not have to go near the ceiling. Same applies for the baseboards. Keep a damp clean rag handle to wipe drips and splatters immediately.

• Marlene Haigh

I use an edger's pad with rollers. It is fast and works great. Been using it for years