Helen Brenna
Helen Brenna
  • Hometalker
  • Ocean City, NJ
Asked on Jul 11, 2018

How can I chalk paint a piece of furniture to look like driftwood?

Cindy Hagemann


I have a brown wood dresser and a bookcase I would like to chalk paint to add a beach like look.

1 answer
  • Cindy Hagemann
    on Jul 11, 2018

    Waverly brand chalk paint (sold at Walmart in craft department) makes a light tan/brownish color that would look good on this project. I would suggest buy a white, tan, and brown of these paints ($5 each). Clean the furniture and paint the paint on the white, let dry, paint with tan, let dry, paint the brown - very lightly with a dry brush (not solid). Sand in between each coat until you achieve the look you want.

Your comment...