Have people regreted putting marble tile on their bathroom floors?

Lsa28967120IleneOliva
+2

I have couple of sample sheets of marble tile in my bathroom to decide on what to install. I was a little surprised and concerned when I noticed water spots a little while after stepping out of the shower. The marks evaporated but I'm concerned about what will happen over time. Also, the marble seems awfully cold (running the a/c). Should I be thinking about hearing the floor? Thanks!

Marble is essentially compressed limestone. It remains porous and will stain. It needs to be cleaned and sealed on a regular basis.

• RLM

I had beautiful marble floors in my foyer until. . . . I went to green cleaning and ruined them with vinegar. I would hesitate to use any delicate flooring in the bathroom when there are some beautiful durable tiles that mimic natural stone.

• Oliva

Most tile companies with reputable sales staff will tell you that marble is a poor choice, due to water spots and low slip resistance. If you have hard water, it only adds to your maintenance.

• Ilene

I wouldn't do it. See above answers. Marble is fragile and a maintenance nightmare. So many opportunities to damage it. I spilled perfume on my floor and it left a large mark.
  • Lsa28967120

Thanks everyone. I decided to go with a porcelain tile that mimics stone. It will look great, costs a lot less than what I was looking at and I will not worry about it.