Asked on Jul 11, 2018

What can I do about light blue mold growing on wallpaper?

Jeffrey Miichael AtencioSharonMogie
+1

Answered

Saw a light blue mold growing on wallpaper mopboard behind toliet help

4 answers
  • Wash with vinegar. Vinegar kills mold spores.

  • Mogie
    on Jul 11, 2018

    You really need to read this article:

    https://www.mold-advisor.com/blue-mold.html

  • Sharon
    on Jul 11, 2018

    Did you have a previous leak from the pipes of the toilet? Are you a 2 story home with piping running up to the second story? Of NO on question 2 then it sounds like you had a previous leak and had it repaired or a pipe is dripping water somewhere behind the toilet. If you want to DIY then you will have to cut out the sheetrock from behind the tank to find where the water is coming from. If you do not find where the water is coming from then PLEASE call a plumber. It may be possibly coming from the bath/shower. If you let this go then the green mold will turn into black mold. Black mold is DEADLY and/or can cause someone very serious health problems. I got Asthma from living in an infested black mold apt. It too was behind the wall.
  • Jeffrey Miichael Atencio
    on Jul 12, 2018

    Mold is deadly poisonous. USE A RESPIRATOR MASK made specifically for mold. You have water getting in that sheetrock. You have to figure out where it's coming from. It could be the tank is sweating and moisture is getting on the wall. If you have a window, ventilate the room. If the wall is soggy, pull it off and put it in plastic trash bags and tie them off so no air can escape. Keep wearing the mask when you do this. As long as you are in that room, or anyone, you are breathing poisonous spores. Brain and neurological damage, lung / COPD, respiratory problems and a host of other really nasty things can happen if you breathe in the mold. If you can use a different bathroom, do so until the leak is repaired and you have treated the wood inside the wall.

    If the wood has spores (which it will) the wood has to be treated, dry and be sprayed with a varnish or sealer to lock in the mold spores permanently. This is done to prevent the mold from travelling to other areas and growing again in hidden places. A mold specialist really should be hired. Homeowners insurance should cover the repair.

    Let me make this very clear. You are living in an extremely dangerous home until this is repaired properly. It can kill you and your family. Think asbestos removal. Kinda the same thing but worse. Sorry about the bad news.
Your comment...