Wow...I don't have an answer but have the same problem....I will keep checking in with you.
Wipe off the mold and mildew with white vinegar. Vinegar kills mold spores. Then give a good wash with Murphy's Oil Soap. Old English wood conditioning products also work well, your choice. Are you running a dehumidifier? Maybe something to think about if it is a problem.
I agree with Naomie. Is furniture located in a damp basement or damp area of the house?
A good dehumidifier will cost between $150 and $200, but it is worth it.
Thank you. It has been sitting in a house with no heat for about 5 years since someone had to go to nursing home no one took it out. Thanks again. take all advice I can get.