Vurna
Vurna

How to tighten screws on commode

William19628357297Gail @  Home
+2

The lid loosens up can't keep screws tight.

• Rowgop (Pam)

WWe had to get a new toliet seat
  • Nancy

It may be the screws are stripped. I would try replacing the screws and see if that solves the problem.
  • Gail @ Home

Teflon tape might work. Wrap it around your screw and try again. Each roll of tape from any hardware store is about 50¢ so it's not a huge investment! If that fails.. you might try a drop of clear glue on the plastic stem part of your screw.. not on the porcelain. Good luck!!

• 19628357297

I HAD THIS PROBLEM TOO, I WENT TO THE HARDWARE STORE, GOT 4 RUBBER WASHERS, TO PUT ON EACH SIDE OF THE PORCELAIN AND AND A METAL WASHER AFTER THE BOTTOM RUBBER WASHER AND THEN I GOT A LOT NUT TO REPLACE THE NUT THAT CAME WITH THE TOLIET SEAT, A LOCK NUT IS A NUT THAT HAS A PLASTIC ON THE INSIDE OF THE NUT . I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Replace the nuts and bolts. They are made of nylon and the threads do get stripped/worn.