What product can I use to clean Orange Glo off of my hardwood floor?

DeeFranklinrawleyJoy Elizabeth
+2

• Linda Sikut

Hi Dai,

Oh how I remember the days of cleaning Mop & Glo off my linoleum floors! It made me want to never use a wax on my floor again. It appears that Orange Glo is similar for hardwood floors. Over time it can build up and take away the beauty your hardwood floors. :( You'll need hot soapy water and ammonia. (Do not mix bleach with the ammonia.) Click below to read about the method. Wishing you the best.

https://www.hunker.com/13422396/how-to-remove-orange-glo-hardwood-floor-cleaner

• Alice

How to remove the Orange Glo residue build up!

1. Mix 1/2 cup of ammonia with 1 gallon of warm water.
    2. Apply solution to floor with mop in inconspicuous place first to test.
    3. Once you determine it's okay to use on your floors...apply to floor and let stand for 5 minutes.
    4. Wipe up the solution with a clean soft cloth.

More items...

• Joy Elizabeth

I also use ammonia and water and scrubbed like crazy. Orange glo is not made for certain hardwood types..I learned that the hard way also. :(

• Franklinrawley

as the above folks have said, this is a harsh chemical and I further suggest that you try this out in an inconspicuous corner to start with. IF this does not finish like you want, at least your damage will be limited until you try another remedy.
  • Dee

1. Mop floor, going with the grain. If your floors are polyurethaned, dampen a mop with water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. ...
    2. Buff floor with a cloth.