What to do with jar candles that have lost their scent?

VexieLibbyDfm
+1

I have some candle jars full of candle wax that no longer smells because I put them in a candle warmer. I have all the jars sitting around in my garage. Does someone have a nifty idea for the wax or jars?

• Dfm

Freeze the jars, the wax will pull away from the glass.you might have to cut it out of the jar.when the jar is at room temp, put boiling water in it, wax that’s left floats to the top. Let cool then remove the wax. Wash. If it’s got a lid, store non edible items in them.

• Dfm

If you get a larger amount of wax and none are scented, you can get scented wax pieces to scent the wax.if you have different colors, layer them in the jar with the wick in place.

• Libby

I’ve been experimenting with a plug-in candle warmer, by adding scents when it’s completely melted. I have essential oils, but so far have only tried pure extracts like vanilla and orange, as well as spices such as cloves and cinnamon. That combo got gloopy, so I added some cooking oil. They only seem to hold the scent for a short time. So next will be using essential oils.

‘Careful not to dig out frozen wax with anything that could hurt you. Back in the 90’s I used a butter knife. I sliced the tendon in my pinky. Today it’s bunched up on the inside of my elbow (ew) and my pinky hasn’t bent in 25 years.

• Vexie

Get all the wax out and put it together to make one big candle by using a small can or a can the right size for the job. Just make sure you've a wick for the middle. Jars can be decorated in a variety of ways or can be use for holding craft items like pens and colored pencils.