How to Unify Mismatched Furniture With Paint

Today I have a beautiful bedroom set to share with you. Collected pieces over time and we are unifying mismatched furniture with paint!! Painted in all white to bring it together. Much like you would a collection of frames or mirrors that didn’t match, paint can always tie things together when choosing one simple color.
how to unify mismatched furniture with paint, painted furniture
When a follower emailed me that she would like me to take these pieces she had been collecting to build her daughters dream bedroom, I was excited. Many times I don’t share with you all of the white pieces that I paint. In the land of custom painting- I do a lot of white. I thought it was cute that she was afraid to be boring with me because I share a lot of color with you. But truthfully, white is timeless and classic, very elegant and it matches everything. So, don’t ever be afraid to paint furniture white!! It allows you to change up your bedding and wall colors more freely.
The only before shot I had was where I tested the paint to see if it would have bleed through. And it did. I give you lots of before shots of the footboard that was in bad shape and tips on how to get a nice smooth finish.
The desk and dresser were pretty similar. The original finish was a different color and the legs and hardware were the most noticeable differences.
Painting out big pieces use your tops to hold your drawers while you paint them out. Save your back!!
American Paint Company's Navajo White is the most beautiful vintage white. Not too creamy and not to stark. Accented with Modern Masters Oyster Metallic paints.
Painting the pieces out in all one color and accenting all the details the same... it's like they always belonged together!!
You can read more details and tips on the blog. Thank you for visiting!!

To see more: http://www.vintagecharmrestored.com/?p=3266

• Betty819

Those turned out beautiful! American Paint Co. not familar with that brand of paint. Is it interior house paint or spray paint?

• Bsfergen

Absolutely beautiful!