Paula Fuller
Paula Fuller
  • Lake Jackson, TX

How do I install mosaic tile as trim around my acrylic tub surround?

A Crafty Mix - MichelleCindy Hagemann

I found beautiful sheets of glass mosaic tile on clearance. I cut each of them into 3 strips, 4 inches wide, to use as trim. I just don't know how to do the edging, place the tile, or do a level surface with the mortar. I don't have the tools for this job either. I need guidance, and someone with the right tools to help me.

• Cindy Hagemann

Tile can be put on drywall but I would not recommend putting it on acrylic. You need mortar, grout, and other tools as well as a tile cutter. You should get someone to help you with this project.
  • A Crafty Mix - Michelle

It's not too difficult Paula and you don't need complicated tools either. If you're floor is pretty level and you're putting the tiles around the bottom of your bathtub I think it will look amazing. We tiled our whole patio in a morning and I didn't use any fancy tools, just my hands (bad idea  since I didn't wear gloves) and a trowel. https://acraftymix.com/blog/2016/10/24/tile-patio-wall-diy/