Summer Decor for Entryway

I have been trying to decide what I want to do to decorate the entryway for summer this year.... so I went back into my archives and checked out last years entryway to see just what I had done and how I want to change it....
summer decor for entryway, chalkboard paint, crafts, foyer, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
Last year I went with some really bright hot trendy colors that depict a fun and festive beach theme.... I used flip flops from the dollar store to make a wreath. Then I embellished them with allsorts of fun flowers, sunglasses and such.....
I have a resident chalkboard made from an old vintage mirror out there and we use it to come up with fun signs for the season.... this one was done by granddaughter. She used all bright colors of chalk and wrote summer words and drew some fun little pics of the season....
On the bench we placed a fun colorful beach bag with a pair of hot flip flops and a bright beach towel to finish out our "hot" beachy look. I loved this look and it was so fun and welcoming to greet us when we came home.... This year I am thinking of changing it up quite a bit - but, will still use our ever present beach as the theme.....
Cathy @Vintage, Paint and more....

• Far1447061

How did u connect the flip flops on ur wreath?

• I used hot glue. They are glued to a large cardboard circle. The hot glue holds quite well when not in direct sun. If yours will be in a lot of hot direct sunlight I would use a heavy duty glue such as E1000.

• Carole

So cheerful. I like that you call them flip-flops. In UK they are flip-flops, in New Zealand they are Jandels (not sure if I spelled that right) here in Australia they are known as thongs. To me a thong is an altogether different thing - LOL!

• Heliane Ripley

This would be perfect for a beach house.