How to build a lightweight cornice board

WilliamJanetMaureen McAteer Vasily

• Maureen McAteer Vasily

JoAnn's had (at one time) a cornice board made of firm foam which would then be covered with fabric of choice.
  • Janet

i built one out of a sheet of styrfoam insullation i got at Home Depot. I cut it to size and then duct taped the top and sides on. You judge how deep the sides should be for your window. I then wrapped it in quilting batting and thrn put the fabric over it. You can even pin it on if you don’t want to sew! i did because I can’t sew well. You can then use “L” brackets to hang thrm on the wall above the window. I also heard of using foam board or whatever its called. The styrofoam I used comes in bigger sheets than foam board so that is why i used that. Plus I found it sturdier. I did the many years ago and I am sorry I don’t have a picture of it. If you do it, post some pix! Good luck.