Anna
Anna
  • Troy, AL

How can I paint a vinyl floor so that it will last?

FlipturnAnn Cherkas Halstead

I have a large kitchen, floor space is 12' x 24'. The flooring is vinyl, there is nothing wrong with it other than the fact I hate it. It is in excellent shape, it's just too dark & always looks like it's dirty. Any ideas?

• Ann Cherkas Halstead

paint it and then use marine epoxy to seal it
    • Anna

That's a great idea. Could you stay in the house after that, the fumes is what I am concerned about. The house is quite small, and the kitchen is the largest room in the house. But that is really a great idea! Thank you.

• Flipturn

What kind of lighting to you have in your kitchen? My suggestion is before you embark upon this painting project, first change out your light fixtures with LED fixtures, or at least LED bulbs. Doing this will in itself make your kitchen much brighter and lighten up the colour of your vinyl flooring, as LED light gives a clear light than the old incandescent bulbs.