Margaret Powell
Margaret Powell
  • Tutorial Team
  • Lebanon, OH

Found this at a thrift store... can anyone tell me what it is?

FlipturnMargaret GraczykEvelyn
+6

This appears to be hand crafted. I assumed it to be a napkin holder. Does anyone recognize it?

q found this at a thrift store can anyone tell me what it is
  • Is there anything on the back? Very pretty and looks to be nicely made.
  • Linda Sikut

Hi Margaret,
    I don't know for sure, but it looks a lot like a bun warmer that my grandmother used to have. The buns go in the pocKets and it usually ties together at the top to keep the buns warm. This one puzzles me though due to the space in the middle so I'm not 100% sure. Wishing you the best.
    • Linda Sikut

I tried that too and, you're right, the only thing that came up was patchwork. I used the picture search to see if it would come up with a bun warmer or something else useful. Patchwork didn't help at all.
  • Evelyn

A wreath?
  • Margaret Graczyk

It's a table top wreath that you can put a large fat candle in the middle of it. OR, you can also put some dry /fake flowers in the center for a table centerpiece. Or (with the colors used) it can be a Halloween wreath...hang it up and embellish it with some Halloween type pieces of decoration of pumpkins/ghosts/ skeletons ) type things. http://quiltingdigest.com/fold-n-stitch-wreath-for-your-door-or-table/
  • Margaret Graczyk

My quilt guild just had a sewing date making these. I decided to have mine be a door wreath and I chose a bright summery green and white. Turned out to be a very cheerful addition to the front door :)

• Flipturn

It could be used to hold rolled up socks or tights. If it were hanging on a wall in a closet it would make it easier to find a particular pair of socks, rather than digging around in a dark drawer.