Barbara
Barbara

How can you remove dried paint from hardwood floors?

WilliamCindyB. Enne
+2

• Dee

Use acetone, not nail polish remover, the kind you buy in a hardware store. Alcohol sometimes works too.
  • Chubby58

You can try using a hair dryer or a heat gun and a plastic putty knife. Gently scrape while using the dryer, it should heat up enough for you to peel it off.
  • B. Enne

I use rubbing alcohol on a cloth.
  • Cindy

I would use a product called Citristrip. It is a paint stripper. I prefer to use it in a gel form. The secret to using this product is to put it on and let it set. After that, use a paint scraper to take all the paint off. You can purchase it at Wal Mart for approx $15. Best wishes.

Acetone will attack the finish also, don't use it. Hair dryer/heat gun will bubble the paint and finish. Citristrip is a paint stripper. It will also strip the finish.

Scrape off what you can with something plastic like a credit card. Then wet a paper towel with Goof Off and place it over the paint. Let it sit to soften the paint. Wipe off. Repeat as necessary. That is what Goof Off is made for.