Joan thomas
Joan thomas
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Howell, MI

Black ants inside my house, they even bite when I pick them up!

BetsyMogieNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+3

How to I get rid of them? I have ant traps in the corners, no luck

• Have you tried a product called Terro? It always works for us.

• Itsmemic

baby powder !! I buy baby powder from the dollar store and puff it in the floor cracks along the walls. Works in 1 day ! And since it is so cheap, I also squeeze along the foundation of my house to be sure...works every time...and a little goes a long way.
  • C Ann Anderson

Cinnamon in your window sill and across tgresholds

• You need to try and find out their point of entry and plug it up. I spritz them with rubbing alcohol or vacuum them up.

• Mogie

Ann is right Terro does a great job. Just be sure to keep it out of reach of kids and pets. I put it on a tiny piece of cardboard that is included with the liquid.

Hello Joan: Ick, ants, hate them in the house! Here's what I do: Make a mix of 1/2 baking soda and 1/2 powdered sugar. Mix well and put around the spots they are in your garden, or inside your home, it's harmless to people and pets. You can put it in a bottle, like a pill bottle or something like that. Cut a hole on the edge of the cap, and lay the bottle on it's side so the ants can come in and get the mix. This way, it stays dry if it should rain. They will take it back to the nest and it should kill them. I'd keep it out there all season if you can. The mix makes a gas and the ants can't pass gas, so it kills them. Anything else that eats it will just taste the baking soda and say "Yuck" and walk off. It won't hurt anything that can pass gas, so it's completely safe. It helps to know what type of ant you are trying to get rid of, too. Try this site, scrolling down to see the different types of ants and how to deal with them. Good luck!

https://www.thespruce.com/ant-control-4127879