What product is good for cleaning and sealing a slate floor?

Miranda RightCwh6899259Kim
+1

We have a large sunroom with a beautiful slate floor. It has a few scratches and is dull looking. I think it would be a great restoration project.

• Robin Stein

I'd be interested in this answer too. Our entire home is large slate stone floors.

• Kim

Use stone cleaner and a stiff brush, it might be worth renting a floor scrubber if your room is large. Then buy a sealer with the gloss finish you are looking for. It is applied with a lambs wool pad that is on a handle. It is not hard to apply at all.
    i hope that helps
    😊
  • Cwh6899259

When I was growing up we had slate in the entryway and fireplace hearth of our house. My mother used to wash it with soap and water, let it dry and then apply a light coating of baby oil. Slate was shiny and showed its lovely colour.

• Miranda Right

I have black natural slate tiles in my living room and a hall and they constantly look dusty. The only time they look good is when they are still wet just after I have cleaned them. I'm even considering getting a robotic vacuum cleaner, just cannot decide which brand to go for Roomba or Deebot. I googled and found this https://robotbox.net/roomba-vs-deebot/ . What would you all recommend if you have any experience with these robo vacs?