Dorene Barnes
Dorene Barnes
  • Hometalker
  • Wilmington, NC
Asked on Jul 13, 2018

Heat pump air condition



My air condition unit was leaking Freon and had some put in 2 times it was told to by a dealer I need another A/C. I want a heat pump what all would I need to get the unit that go outside and what is the thing that's inside the house(coils) . Would it need to be replace to. I live in a 1987 mobile home. Trying to find out reasonable approach to staying cool this summer can't afford a new one.

2 answers
  • GrandmasHouseDIY
    on Jul 13, 2018

    Hi Dorene you could always get a second or even third opinion plus quotes from all local companies. You could purchase a window AC unit for your bedroom to make it through the summer.
  • Gk
    on Jul 13, 2018

    I have what is called a Mini Split system. A Mini Split system has two parts. Inside and outside. The inside part is where you adjust the temperature and set the fan speed, and it is what delievers the cool or warm air into your house. The outside unit is what makes the cool and warm air that feeds into your house. You would have to have an electrician to add it to your electrical panel and a plumber to install it. A heat pump will cool in the summer and heat in the winter. They are very energy efficient. Costly up front. You can purchase window air conditioner units at places like WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc for less than 150.00. A heat pump/mini split system unit will be in the thousands.
Your comment...