I’ve been making glass flowers out of old dishes.

BetsyMogieLinda Sikut
+6

The problem is non of the adhesives that I have used ( all which have been recommended by others who make these) seem to hold them together.

• Janice
    Janice

Hi Angela, since you've tried many different glues, I wonder if you've tried E6000? I've used it for projects where other glues have failed...but read some additional instructions when I was having trouble with it. By applying the E6000 to both surfaces I plan to glue together and waiting for 2-3 minutes and then joining them then clamping or holding them together for 5-10 minutes, I got the items to stick together. You wouldn't think you'd want to wait to glue the pieces together but it makes a big difference to do that! Maybe try this idea. Please let us know if this works for you as well as it did for me. Thanks!
  • Chubby58
    Chubby58

Can you tell us what you've tried so far. I've heard that gorilla glue clear is very good.
  • Cindy
    Cindy

I recommend using Gorilla Glue. There's nothing better. You can purchase it at Wal Mart. Good luck. Your flowers sound pretty.

• Linda Sikut
    Linda Sikut

Hi Angela,

I agree with Janice, E6000 usually works well and letting it sit a few mins, putting on both pieces and clamping it can really make a difference. Another options that people recommend (but I've never used) is Loctite Glass Glue. Wishing you the best!

• Mogie
    Mogie

E6000 Multi-Purpose Adhesive

Betsy

Hi Angela: You can try Locktite Glass Glue or Amazing Goop 170011 Marine Adhesive. Here is a site that I found that may help you out. https://empressofdirt.net/glue-outdoor-garden-art/ Just about any marine glue should work, but check the site for more information. Good luck with your project:)