Cindy
Cindy
  • Red Oak, TX

What is best way to make a large bust?

CindyEmilyBeth Higgins Cornell
+3

Needed for prop in play, paper mache, air dry clay,

• Cyn

the cheapest way would be paper mache. Take the time to make a form with chicken wire, you won't need as much material and it will dry faster. There are many sites with instructions and good tips to get your project completed.

• Cindy

Hi Cindy. I'm Cindy too. I would use paper mache. Either on a balloon or chicken wire. Sounds like a fun project. Best wishes.

• Sharon

I would got with chicken wire and paper mache.

• Beth Higgins Cornell

I just made a large bust for MsTrunchbull . I coiled 2 draft dodgers and then sewed them in the middle. They were soft enough for the child actor to wear and looked great under the costume. Best of all they were very inexpensive!

• Emily

Hi Cindy my husband is a sculptor. Is the sculpture supposed to depict a particular person? I suggest not doing this. It will be time consuming and difficult. There are a lot of sculptures around and I'm sure you could borrow one. And you say large? What do you mean by "large" Larger than life sized? This is my advice.

• Cindy

You were right was able to find one thx