Cindy
Cindy
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Murfreesboro, TN

What can i do to all white square tiles on counter tops and all backpl

FlipturnMag28386724Cindy
+8

Recently bought house with all white square tiles on counter and high backsplash. All cabinets are also white
Very sterile. Any ideas for these white tiles would be great! Thanks again😊
Im disabled on ssi so limited budget.
q what can i do to all white square tiles on counter tops and all backpl
All white everywhere
  • Mag28386724

you could add colored cling stickers to some tiles as a decoration, hang colored ribbons with small wreaths over your cabinet doors, stencil a colored design onto cabinet doors, decoupage onto the doors, or paint your cabinets. An even easier and budget conscious idea might be to use colored (1-3 colors) accessories such as vases, flower pots, or kitchen appliances on the counter tops to liven things up!
  • Rose Broadway

Cindy, you could do something with your backsplash to break up the whiteness of the cabinets and counter. Here is a video using the stickers or you could paint them with stencils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxFnATjoQos

• Mogie

You can paint the walls, the cabinets or the countertop. Your choice.

• Cindy

I like the idea of using stencils. Paint is the most cost effective and biggest way to make changes. Another idea is to use different colored lights under your cabinetry.

• Mag28386724

Good luck, Cindy!

• Flipturn

These tiles look to me to be in very good condition, as are the cabinets. Although you may think that the white is not very exciting, looking at condition of the surfaces only, I know having a easy to clean kitchen like yours, is something many folks can only dream about.

Introducing colour with hardware and accessories is one of the easiest, and fastest ways to quickly add some 'zippy do-da' to any space. It is not messy, is odourless, and involves no construction or special tools.

• See More
  • Flipturn

You are most welcome. If you like shopping on line, check out ebay, as I know I saw the coloured knobs at good prices there.

p.s. I think they look just like Smarties candies.