Everd
Everd
  • Tutorial Team

I want to update my hollow bedroom and bathroom doors.

WilliamJewellmartinCindy
+4

I was thinking of adding molding or picture frames to give them a raised panel look. Any suggestions on an easy way to attach them to the doors and get a clean finished look? I thought of liquid nails.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Dag,

I've had this project in my head to-do list, as well. You can use liquid nails. Many people also use a brad nailer to complete the project. Wishing you the best.

• Laura Cooper

Have you considered replacing them? You can find doors REALLY cheap on Craigslist and at building supply salvage yards (my favorite places to hang out!)

Hi Dag: Another HomeTalk DIYer did this and it looks phenomenal. Here's the site, it's a video, and you can see exactly what she did and maybe you can do it too. I plan on doing it myself one of these days:) https://www.hometalk.com/36205569/adding-moulding-to-closet-doors Good luck and show us your finished project.

• Debbie

There is also the Habitat for Humanity store, if you have one in your area.

• Cindy

You can change the entire look of your doors using half-round trim. Decide how many squares you want on each door. Cut the trim accordingly. Attach trim with liquid nails. Then paint the entire door. I hope this info helps you. Good luck.

• Jewellmartin

If you can make your own frames, or if you buy picture frames that match, I would use brads or thin nails on the corners. But I would use the glue on all of the frames. And, Dag, if your goal is to have a finished look throughout the hallway, I suggest you paint the entire doors and frames semi-gloss white, even if the hallway walls are a different color. Best wishes ☺️