What can we use on sidelights of a door for more privacy?

MillieFiddledd224Che6423807
+3

We are having a new HOUSE BUILT...the sidelights are on both sides of the our new door. We would like to use something that would look nice but offer more privacy. Is there a product that you would recommend that would be easy to use but still add privacy to the sidelights? Thank You

• Johnavallance82

Hello there,
    You could choose a patterned glass or coloured glass or use Clings that will transform your windows and has the added benefit of being removed and replaced at will... or for a more permanent finish but not glass use something like Contact for glass.....
  • Robyn Garner

There are privacy sprays you can put on windows for a frosted effect or films you can apply. You can even get films that transform them into mirrored finishes on the outside.
  • Che6423807

I had the same issue. We have somewhat of a farmhouse theme and I found rolls of "Chalkboard" Contact paper.... applied it to the glass, then used a razor knife to trim it up to the frame.
    To finish off, I hung a piece of chalk on a chord by the sidelight to use for notes, reminders, Inspirational Quotes and something for the grandkids to share their beautiful artwork on!
    **It also helps cut down on the bright light and hot sun during the day.
  • Fiddledd224

If you don't want to use curtains, use a window film cut to size. You can get great looking patterns in "frosted" looks and it's available at your local home improvement store or on-line.
  • Millie

I liked this idea. Instructions included.